Bouncers Castle Hire
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The safe operation of the equipment becomes Your responsibility once set up, the proprietors will not be held responsible or liable for any accidents or injuries however caused.
1. A responsible adult should be on hand at all times to supervise children and keep the front of the castle clear.
2. There should be separate bouncing sessions for different age groups.
3. Shoes must be removed, along with any hard, sharp or dangerous objects. Spectacles are best removed. Chewing gum, bubble gum, sweets or anything else in the mouth constitutes a choking hazard and should be removed before bouncing.
4. Nobody must be allowed to climb, hang off or run into the walls of the castle or bounce on the front step.
Do not overload the castle, limit the
number of users to approx 4 children on 10ft castles, 6 children on 12ft
castles and 9 children on 15ft castles, this allows each child enough room
to play safely. (Allow more or less depending on the size and weight of
If the castle fails for any reason,
evacuate immediately to prevent injury, switch off castle at the mains,
then check the blower tube has not come off or become untied, if so, slip
the tube back on & tie it back up, switch back on at the mains. (If
this does not work call us)
Beware In wet conditions the castle will
become very slippery.
The RCD circuit breaker which we have
provided must be used at all times
Never switch the blower on and off while
the castle is in use, doing so is dangerous and can also cause the blower
Occasionally check that the castle is
still securely pegged down.
Water fights are fun but do not spray
water near the electric blower.
No food, drink or cigarettes are to be
taken into the castle. No silly string, party poppers or face paints are
to be taken onto the castle, they contain a dye which can cause permanent
Persons under the influence of drink or
drugs should not be allowed to use the equipment.
If the castle is dirty or damaged when
collected or has been stolen the hirer will be liable for the full repair,
replacement or cleaning cost. This also applies to ancillary items such as
blowers RCD’s, extension leads etc. This clause does not apply when the
damage is due to reasonable wear and tear whilst the equipment is being
used properly and in accordance with the conditions of hire here stated.
The castle should not be left unattended,
it is an extremely valuable piece of equipment and may be vandalised or
stolen, please see clause 14 above.
We do not hire our castles out on
concrete, shingle, rocks, stones or dogs mess!
We will need CLEAR side or rear
access of approx 3ft wide to deliver your castle and the grass area needs
to be reasonably flat & clear of all objects including garden toys or
18. In the event that no-one is available or willing to grant us access to collect our equipment at the end of the agreed hire period we have your permission to enter your garden and collect it in your absence. Likewise we may do so at any point during the hire at our discretion if it should come to our attention that you are in breach of the “Conditions of hire” as stated on this page.
19. Dogs, cats or any other animals are not allowed on the castle, they should also be kept under control around the castle where for example an excited dog may bite it because of the movement.
20. Bouncers Castle Hire reserve the right to cancel the hire without penalty if we find on arrival that there is not a suitable position in which the castle can be placed. We may also cancel due to severe weather conditions such as high winds or storms which would increase the chances of the castle becoming damaged as well as making it unsafe to use. If such conditions should arise during the day it is your responsibility to get everybody off the castle and deflate it by switching the power to the blower off at the mains
21. Bouncy castles are designed for children. Adults are not to use the them unless it has been pre-arranged with us, even then only the larger sizes are suitable and there is a max load limit of 4 people, the hire cost will also increase to allow for the additional wear and tear. Age limits for a given hire are shown in red on your invoice, exceeding these age limits is classed as abuse of the equipment.
22. The fan which keeps the castle inflated is a demanding electrical appliance, we cannot be held responsible for inadequacies in your power supply which cause it to overheat and subsequently cut-out.
23. Standard hire periods are six hours, where delivery & collection times are agreed which exceed this they should be considered as a free of charge bonus.
24. In the interests of safety it is imperative that we drive stakes into the ground to secure the castle. Our stakes will penetrate to a depth of approx 300mm so there should be no problem with us damaging underground pipes or cables because they are supposed to be deeper than this. If we do inadvertently cause damage to underground services we cannot be held responsible for the repair costs.
An operator / referee must be appointed to
oversee things, they must take responsibility for safety and scoring.
Neck braces & helmets must be worn at
Sumo suits are only to be used on the
Not for use by small children, pregnant
women or anyone else who is unfit for the activity.
No sharp or hard objects to be kept on
your person or jewellery to be worn whilst wrestling.
No shoes to be worn on the mat
No eating, drinking or smoking whilst
wearing the suits
Please keep animals off the mat and away
from the suits
Suits and mat must be taken indoors when
not in use, especially overnight after the party has finished
is a wrestling game, no punching or kicking please
silly string, party poppers or face paints to be allowed contact with
either the suits or the mat, they contain a dye which can cause permanent
the suits or mat are dirty or damaged when collected or have been stolen
the hirer will be liable for the full repair, replacement or cleaning
cost. This also applies to ancillary items such as head gear and neck
braces. This clause does not apply when the damage is due to reasonable
wear and tear whilst the equipment is being used properly and in
accordance with the conditions of hire here stated.
equipment should not be left unattended, it is very valuable and may be
vandalised or stolen, please see clause 12 above.
the event that no-one is available or willing to allow us to collect our
equipment at the end of the agreed hire period then another days hire will
be charged for but at twice the usual rate.
can enter your garden at any point during the hire at our discretion and
remove our equipment if it should come to our attention that you are in
breach of the “Conditions of hire” as stated on this page.
16. Bouncers Castle Hire reserve the right to cancel the hire without penalty if we find on arrival that there is not a suitable position in which the sumo mat can be placed.
1. Parts of the generator can become very hot during use, children should be kept clear of it at all times.
2. If at any point during the day you want to deflate the castle you must first switch the electric supply to the blue outlet off, there is a switch between the blue and yellow plugs which should be in the central position when off. You must then allow the generator to idle for two min's before cutting the engine with the main on/off switch. When re-starting this process must be reversed, if the engine is cold the choke can be used but start easing it off almost immediately. Once the engine is running leave it to idle for 2 mins before switching the power supply back on to the blue plug.
3. The generator has two outputs, blue is 240v and yellow is 110v, on no account must you plug into the yellow 110v socket. The blue generator plug must be left in place at all times.
4. If the generator should run it's tank dry it should be left for 10 min's to cool before any attempt is made to re-fuel. See point 2 above for information on re-starting.
5. The fuel supplied in the separate fuel can should be enough to keep you going for most of the day but if you do manage to use it all up then you can add your own unleaded petrol.
6. The generator has a four stroke engine, two stroke oil must not be added to the petrol
7. If for any reason you need to move the generator the earth stake should also be moved, hammered into the ground and re-connected to the earth lead. See point 2 above for information on re-starting.
© Bouncers Castle Hire 2003. All rights reserved